5 Uses Of Coconut Oil | Beauty/ Skincare

Sunday, March 13, 2016

 
Okay so I'm pretty sure you have all heard of extra virgin coconut oil right? If you haven't then I don't know where you've been! Coconut oil is literally great for everything. If you haven't heard of coconut oil or don't know much about it then keep reading to discover the fantastic benefits.

I have been using this jar of goodness for roughly over 2 years now and hands down, it has some of the most amazing benefits ever!  Today, I will share 5 benefits or uses I have found by using extra virgin coconut oil.  




1) Body Moisturiser
If you get extremely dry hands like me, rub some coconut oil in between your hands and you will instantly notice the difference. The moisture actually lasts a long time! Coconut oil is also suitable to use as a body moisturiser as it really helps to hydrate the skin. I like to use it all over my skin once I am out of the shower, as your skin is still damp, it is a lot easier for it to absorb.  If you have sensitive skin then don’t worry, as this product is made out of natural goodness so it is suitable for all skin types.

2) Lip Balm
As coconut oil works amazing everywhere, it also works as an awesome lip balm. Apply some on to dry chapped lips and watch it work its magic.

3) Eye Makeup Remover
I've found that coconut oil works quite well as an eye makeup remover! So if you have mascara on or any extra eye makeup you want to remove rub some coconut oil over it and remove with a cotton pad. This really helps to break down the makeup. It is also great for the eyes. If you have sensitive eyes it will not irritate them due to the products natural ingredients. Coconut oil can also be used all over your face. Take some coconut oil between your fingers and massage over your face. This will help to break down all that gunk on your face. Once you have massaged the oil on to your face, let it sink in to the skin for a bit then wash your face as normal :)

4) Eyelashes
After removing your makeup, apply some coconut oil on to the base of your lashes. This will help them to grow longer.

5) Hair
This makes a great conditioner or an oil for your hair. I bet you all are thinking, “oil makes my hair look greasy”. It can if you go overboard. All you need is a small amount. I like to just massage a tiny bit of coconut oil in to my hair now and then just to give it some life. Another thing which I like to do is put coconut oil in my hair about half an hour- to an hour before going in to the shower. That way, all the oil gets a chance to get absorbed in to the scalp. Once you’ve washed your hair and you’re out of the shower... ‘Wa-lah- You will be left will beautiful soft hair. Coconut oil really helps to grow and maintain the health of your hair. 

So those are just 5 uses of coconut oil. There are many more uses of coconut oil but I have only highlighted the reasons why I love coconut oil so much. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and learnt a bit more about this wonder product!

If you have found any interesting uses of coconut oil that have worked for you then do share it in the comments section :D

Lots of Love

Fatima xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe