Burt & Bees Lip Shimmer Review

Saturday, January 30, 2016


Burt's Bees
So a couple of years back, I discovered this brand called Burt’s Bees through my sister because she purchased some of their products & I kind of gave them a cheeky try. From what I could remember their products were really good & worked very well. 

If you haven't heard of the company Burt's Bees then they are a company which makes tons of amazing products to suit everyone from men to mums and even babies! The best thing is that these products are made using as many natural ingredients as possible, so unlike other brands, Burt's Bees makes sure that they use the least amount of chemicals and all the other stuff that is usually found in general products. After all natural is best! They also have products for hair care, lips, body, hand and feet and much more. Burt's Bees believe in 'making the most of what nature has already given us & what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in it.' - I totally agree with this statement!

Burt’s Bees were kind enough to send me 2 of their Lip shimmers to try out. The 2 shades they sent were Fig and Watermelon. When they arrived in the post I was super excited to try them. After sampling  and using them for a while I can confidently give you my opinion on these 2 lip shimmers.


Okay so don't be too alarmed when I say 'Lip Shimmers' because if you're like me and don't like shimmery lip products, then no need to worry, I can assure you that these lip products have the slightest hint of shimmer. You really don't even notice it!

Starting with the packaging of this product. As you can see, it is a very simple design with a coloured cap on in order to indicate the different shades. The size is perfect just to throw in to your handbag or even your back pocket. So whether you carry a bag or not it's just convenient for all. 



These lip shimmers not only gave me a pretty good amount of colour on my lips but they also really moisturised and nourished my lips, thanks to the use of a bunch of natural ingredients such as Shea Butter, Vitamin E & Beeswax. A couple of seconds after applying this product, it left this tingly sensation on my lips. This was from the hint of peppermint flavour in the product. 

The fact that these products are made from natural ingredients but they still manage to leave a good amount of colour was really impressive. The colour pay off is amazing and can totally be pulled of as a lipstick.  This may not apply to all the shades but may do for some, in particular the fig one definitely showed up more on my skin colour compared to the watermelon one.  

Watermelon - Right
Fig - Left
The watermelon shade appeared very sheer on my lips and didn't show as much colour. I felt like this shade was more on the lighter side for me so if you have a more lighter skin tone then me, you might like the watermelon shade. However, I found that I preferred the fig one better because even after applying just one coat you could see the colour on the lips . 

Below is a close up shot so you can see the shade of the products when swatched.



Overall, I think these lip shimmers are a great mix between a lipstick and a lip balm. As I haven't tried all the colours I don't know which colours give the most pay off but the two that I have talked about in this post are lovely colours. One that I have heard many people talk about is the shade Rhubarb which is an absolutely gorgeous shade.

If you’re looking for something that you can quickly apply on your lips every day, making sure that your lips are left moisturised with a hint of colour then my friend, look no further! 
I would definitely recommend checking out these lip shimmers along with other items from this brand. I am so impressed with these products and will probably continue using this product and  go on to trying more of their other products too :) 

If you do try or have tried any of their other products let me know what your thoughts were on them! 

Burt's Bees products can be purchased in some stores for which I will leave their links to below. 

Debenhams


Feel Unique

Holland & Barrett



Please note that these products were kindly sent to me & all opinions are honest and of my own.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. These shades look amazing by a great brand. I think this would make a great new lip balm <3
    Ramsha | Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they make a lovely tinted lip balm. I love using them! <3

      Delete
  2. Love the watermelon shade ❤️ Have to give them a try! Do you have blog lovin? Xx Imogen from miniature milk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes defo do check them out & yes I do lovely :) I'll leave the link below so you can find me! <3
      https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/la-vie-de-la-beaute-14442317

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe